I didn’t really wake up knowing it was the anniversary of my blog.
It was when I logged on to Facebook and saw a “On This Day,” post that I realized. Holy shit guys, one whole year. To be even more honest, I didn’t think I would make it this far. I usually don’t last once I start these ventures, as I can easily get distracted and overwhelmed. However, this, I stuck with. I know that some of you have stuck with me too, which is why with this anniversary I have decided to give back.
As you all know, or at least, should know by now, I started Holmes Photography. Photography has been a passion of mine for I don’t know how long, and with my mom buying me my first DSLR camera for my birthday, I decided to try and do it more professionally.
One thing that I have learned is that photography can be a powerful thing. And with my sunflower session being a huge success, I decided to add that in as an option within the next couple of weeks. It won’t be an expensive session, but I aim to help people get through whatever self-love rut they are in, whether they have been struggling recently, or for a good part of their life.
I love showing people how much they are beautiful sunflowers.
That’s part of the reason I put my blog through a rebrand. So many people were struggling with the very same things I am, and I figured everyone could use someone that resonated with them. Since then, I’ve had people message or text me to tell me how much they had been through, and how they were learning more about themselves each day.
It just warms my heart knowing that I am helping people.
So I want to help even more.
I am giving away 2 Sunflower Photo Sessions.
Two people will get the chance to experience what’s to come with my Sunflower sessions. These sessions will last an hour, and the winners will receive any and all photos that are not throwaways, blurry, and that meet my expectations for professional quality. The minimum number of photos the recipients will receive is 10. They can be at any location in the Hampton Roads Area of Virginia, and must be redeemed between June and August. The giveaway will last from April 19, 2017 until May 19, 2017, to give a whole month for people to enter. The winners will be selected May 20, 2017 and announced via Instagram that same day.
How to enter:
Follow @catherinemholmes on Instagram for one entry, Like the contest picture for one entry, then comment on the giveaway picture an answer to the question: What does it mean to you to be a Sunflower? For an additional 3 entries!
- Sessions will consist of one individual person. No pets, family members, or significant others.
- Anyone under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian’s permission if selected. They must be present to sign all contracts, including the minor model release form and must be present on the day of the shoot. No exceptions.
- All contracts must be signed before the shoot takes place.
- No substituting different sessions in place of the Sunflower Session.
- I do NOT provide any type of transportation to or from the session site. It is your responsibility to set up transportation.
- Once selected, you will be messaged through Instagram to complete the next steps. You will have a maximum of 3 days to respond, before I choose a new winner.
- If the photo session day comes and you do not show up without any contact, you forfeit your photo shoot and images. You are also banned from entering any other giveaways.
- If you show up late, you forfeit that time. Ex. If you show up 30 minutes late, you have 30 minutes left of your session.
- 2 contestants will be chosen through a program called Random Name Picker. Each participant will be logged into an Excel spreadsheet with the number of entries they earned, that is then put into the program.
- Have fun!
This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram in any way, shape, or form.